In complex project management solution based on PlanBridge project data is provided by participants by means of special Excel document (Exchange Document).
This document contains project tasks, which planned or actual data is provided by participants. Also, set of cells, available for entry, supports flexible customization.
Here we describe step-by-step two main scenarios of PlanBridge usage:
Based on these scenarios one can define the following industry solutions:
Collaboration with contractors on a construction project
- Project manager (PM) defines scope of summary tasks and requests its detailing from a contractor.
- The contractor enters tasks and their timeline detailing summary tasks and sends them to the PM.
- Using provided data, PM sets the project baseline and begins to track its execution.
- While tracking, PM creates Exchange Documents requesting tasks percent completed, either amount of actual physical volumes, assigned on tasks.
Contractors send completed documents to PM, and then he updates project with the given data.
Managing a group of specialists-engineers
- PM composes a plan and assigns resources of his workgroup to its tasks.
- For tracking purposes, PM regularly creates Exchange Documents and distributes them among participants, in order to collect daily actual work.
- The participants fill in the number of hours they spent on their tasks day-by-day and send Exchange Documents to PM.
After that PM updates the project with the given data and gets project percent complete value.